How To Clean Dog Urine
Cleaning Dog Urine from Carpet or Upholstery
- If the dog urine is fresh, you should try to blot up as much as possible with a clean cloth. Do not rub!
- Flush the area with water, and blot up as much as possible
- Look into puppy training.
After this, there are several methods:
Method 1: Traditional Carpet Cleaner
If you're dealing with carpet, find and buy a carpet cleaning solution from the store. Use as directed by the package.
Method 2: Enzymes
You can try using a product with "enzymes" such as urine off or urinout. These products definitely should be tried and used when all else fails.
Method 3: Laundry Detergent Blotting
- Mix liquid laundry detergent (Like Tide, Cheer, Gain, Purex, etc.) with cold water. You should use enough detergent, but not too much. Use at least 4 parts water to every 1 part detergent.
- Flush the stained area with the detergent solution and blot again with a clean cloth. Do not rub!
- You may repeat the previous step 1 or 2 times.
- Flush the area with clean water, blot with a clean cloth.
- Vacuum the area.
Method 4: Bissel Green Machine
I have found a bissel green machine cleaner to be very helpful in cleaning of all kinds of stains.
Method 5: White Vinegar
If none of these work, you can use white vinegar. Pour vinegar on the stain and let sit for 5 minutes. Wet area with water and remove the vinegar.
To get more information, you can follow the links below: