Microfiber Cleaning Products
From How To Clean Microfiber Furniture
If you are looking for tools made from microfiber that are used to clean other things, see Microfiber Cleaning Cloth.
Microfiber is Polyester. However, it is a type of synthetic fiber (like polyester) that's much smaller than traditional fibers. You can use many different types of cleaners to clean it, but always check in an inconspicuous place first. See Preparing To Clean Your Microfiber.
With the household solutions, you can use a small amount of mild soap mixed with water before using ammonia or alcohol. Be sure to use small amounts, and pat dry the area before using alcohol or ammonia. You don't want to create water marks. If you do get water marks, you can see How To Remove Water Rings
Store Bought Products:
- Guardsman AFTA Spot Cleaner - AFTA is a dry cleaning solution that removes oil-based stains such as grease, oil, tar, adhesives, crayon, and heel marks on dry clean only fabrics or fabrics with "S" cleaning codes.
- Guardsman Microfiber Furniture Cleaning Kit - Solvent Free cleaning kit contains a special sponge and cleaning solution.
- American Home K2R Spot Remover - For Carpets, Upholstery & Dry Cleanable Clothing. Spray product, allow to dry, brush away white powder. Product claims to leave no residue.
Household Solutions: These products may work, but they don't work as well as some of the store bought products.
- Rubbing \ Isopropyl Alcohol
- Drug store rubbing alcohol is usually 72% or 92%. You want to get 99% concentration so that it evaporates quickly. Get 99% highly concentrated rubbing alcohol
- Ammonia (Household Strength)
- Clear alcohol such as vodka.
Things to NEVER USE:
- Nail Polish Remover (Acetone)